- 1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed to 4 – 5 inches
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 205°C. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place the trimmed asparagus in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Add remaining the ingredients, seal the bag and gently massage the ingredients evenly onto the asparagus.
- Empty the bag onto the prepared sheet pan and evenly space the asparagus on the pan so that the spears aren’t touching one another. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and the panko has browned. Broil for the last few minutes of cooking until the asparagus has reached the desired crispness and the breadcrumbs have browned.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise, aioli, or your favorite dipping sauce.