Category: Desserts Desserts
This recipe is mostly healthy and definitely yummy! Perfect for a summer treat!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR coconut oil - both are equally good!
- 1/4 cup local honey - store bought is OK too
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/4 cup shredded organic zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, blend with wisk -eggs, brown sugar, oil, honey, and vanilla.
Fold in the carrot and zucchini
In another bowl combine add the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until just blended
Add by 1/2 cup at a time flour mixture to the wet mixture. Blend just until combined.
Spread batter into a 13x9 pan.
Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Prepare your favorite cream cheese frosting and dress it up by adding the peel of 1 lemon and a few squeezes of lemon juice
Pipe the frosting over cut bars.